I understand that relationship and sexual problems can be complicated, worrying and embarrassing to talk about.
All the work is based on talking, however I may give clients exercises to do in privacy at home.
My integrative approach means I use a range of validated therapies (psychodynamic, cognitive, behavioural, mindfulness) to respond to clients’ specific circumstances.
- Problems clients bring include:
- Relationship difficulties
- Loss of interest or enjoyment in sex
- Reduced libido
- Problems with erections
- Ejaculation earlier or later than wanted
- Difficulty reaching climax/orgasm
- Pain associated with sex
- Problems with penetration
- Problems associated with infertility, menopause, PMS, pregnancy, childbirth, sexually transmitted infections
- Problems associated with bereavement, cultural, religious issues
- Gender identity, sexuality, sexual orientation
- Concerns about ones own or partner’s sexual practices, sexual behaviour
I offer a free telephone consultation of about 10 minutes for anyone considering making an appointment to see me. This is to discuss what you’d like to get out of talking therapy sessions and assist you to decide if I might be the right person to help you.